Knowledge is power and at Adroit Oil and Gas, we believe that an informed viewer is a more prepared viewer, which is why we created the Newsroom. Here you will find articles and news from around the world in one location for your convenience. The site is updated daily so check back often.
Uses of Crude Oil
Crude oil is the term that is used for the raw oil that is taken directly from the ground. It is the oil that is unprocessed for use. Another common name for crude oil is petroleum. Crude oil is a fossil fuel that is made from decaying plant matter that has been under pressure in the earth’s crust for many years. It is most often mined from sea beds and places that once held sea water. It ranges in color from clear to tar-black and can be thin like water or much thicker to the point where it is almost solid. Here are some of the more common used of crude oil in the world today!
Uses of Crude Oil
- The main use of crude oil is to make it into other products. There are many products that are derived from crude oil.
- Crude oil is used to make a variety of fuels including gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, bunker fuel and kerosene. This fuels power all the automotive vehicles and engine powered machinery on the planet.
- Crude oil is also used to make fertilizers and pesticides. Nearly all of these products are made from crude oil.
- Crude oil is used to make other products such as plastics and waxes. These are used in the packaging of frozen foods and other items.
- It is also used to make tar, sulfuric acid, asphalt, petroleum coke (solid fuel) and paraffin wax.
- Crude oil is also a main ingredient in the production of synthetic rubbers.
- Crude oil is used in the production of cosmetics and perfumes.
- Crude oil is also used to produce a number of industrial solvents that are used to clean machinery.
- It is also used in liquid fuels such as butane and propane which are used in home grills.